Monday 23 September 2024

PINO'S MONDAY MORNING MEMORY LANE



                                          WoW, I found this song back, I've played life with in 
                                          1984 at my first theatre performance 🛢🥁🪘ever!

I am still very grateful that Ganalle introduced Rose to me, and I’m grateful to myself that I accepted that gift. Both actions totally changed the course of my life.In Rose’s world there were more wild young women like herself, who all danced in crazy circles like zazaas. In the middle of their circle they held a beautiful young buck gazelle captive. He tried to escape the circle many times with his amazingly high and gracious leaps. During his attempts to escape they laughed at him and told him that his efforts were not good enough. He had to learn to leap higher and higher. One day Rose laughed so loudly that it broke the spell of the circle and the gazelle could finally break free. As this was happening I played so loudly on my drums that I drew attention to myself. 

Excerpt page 71;  Love is the Essence of the Soul Chrysalis 


Before that I've played in a new wave band 
early 80'  called; Tanz um die Ecke. 

                                                      In the 80' I also did gigs with my bro 
                                          Here we play at our local pub Cafe Weltschmerz
                                                        Amsterdam on the Lindegracht
                                                or we played on the streets of Amsterdam

After that I performed with more theater & modern dance groups in Amsterdam. I don't remember them all but at Theater/Dance Group Aya I performed in Brug der Zuchten and Rilling. Rilling was about the death and dying of my partner Hilde/ Lara in the book of my life.
Love is the Essence of the Soul Chrysalis.




















After a music scout found me, I joined Stalker Australian Stilt Walkers, 
and some other Europian theatre companies. 


             https://www.stalker.com.au/  

More and more people joined us. I made a lot of noise with my drums and one day a theatre agent noticed me playing in a dance performance. She put me into contact with some stilt walkers who were looking for someone to accompany them. They worked all over the world. Together they created moving stories consisting of six creatures. The three main characters were the two queens, Mede and Rage. Then there was King Leon. I became character number six.

The art of King Leon and his two queens was that they had the ability to perform as one entity. This was especially noticeable when they laughed. When they cried, you could see them being ripped apart. Another creature, number four, took care of the cheerful notes. When he blew on his saxophone, the notes flew up into the sky and this glued their story back together. 

As a Heron he could hop around from one stalk to another. The fifth character was Rua, who drifted dangerously around each of us with his big drums. He created so much noise that he was like a raging drunkard, but he was able to walk freely. I loved making a loud noise beside him, because we sounded good and loud together.   Excerpt page 76; Love is the Essence of the Soul Chrysalis


😁This post became must longer as was my original idea, only to write about Yello en ZaZa danst😁

No comments:

Post a Comment