Friday 14 May 2021

THE HEALING POWER OF STINGING NETTLE



Drinking my first cuppa nettle tea today, foraged yesterday. I can feelall that iron, those minerals and vitamins going straight into my bloodstream! Love it!!! Tomorrow nettle/vegs soup. Free from Mother Nature.  
For more info about da nettle click on link below 
Studies indicate that stinging nettle extract can raise blood antioxidant levels. Stinging nettle offers a variety of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, amino acids, polyphenols and pigments — many of which also act as antioxidants inside your body.
Nettle/Dandelion/Plantain/Wild Purslane:
The last 3 make a excellent salad together with some avocado, cucumber, parsley and some left over smoked mackerel later today. I love all these bitter flavours! I'm drizzling some honey dressing over it. Sure what harm πŸ˜‹ Nothing can beat the raw and wild healing power of Mother nature produce. Enjoy!
When I still lived in Ireland, I would go to the beach and scratch some wild barnacals or mussels of  the rocks and cook them in seawater. The mussels in white wine of course, of course, as you would, you would, of course, as Nell always said to me. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment