Tuesday 10 June 2014

WHAT BROUGHT ME TO IRELAND, AND WHAT KEEPS ME IN WEST CORK? Part 2

I got to Ireland through an invitation of an Irish dancer I’d met in Amsterdam. She heard me play on my rototom set and asked me to participate in a performance together with her and another Irish dancer. 
After a nearly 24 hrs journey via bus from Amsterdam, overnight ferry from England and bus again, I arrived on the Irish shores at January 16 th 1998.

ON THE FERRY TO IRELAND
Golden moors silver clouds blue sky green eye purple eye
Orange sun falcon greyhound griffin stag red tree
White moon ancient angel grey sea wanderer
Glimpse of a smile charges into
A new sunrise another today
Three times a rainbow
Path of sorcerer
Hungry heart
Wild honey
Purifying
My soul
Coming
Home
Poem of my book : Love is the Essence of the Soul Chrysalis
The journey continued with yet another bus ride from Cork city to West Cork , Ballydehob. The bus stopped in front of the Levis pub, which was the place where I had to wait to be collected. In this magical place I met 2 wonderful and amazing women.  Two sisters and owners of the pub, Nell and Julia Levis  who were both around their nineties. 

That evening Julia gave me my fist pint of Guinness, I loved it! 
The 2 dancers and I rehearsed for a few months and then toured around with the successful performance through West Cork  for one month.
The moment the Goleen bus crossed the bridge 16 years ago at Rosscarbery where the crepuscular rays lit the estuary, I fell in love with Ireland. I’m still here and still love those heavenly rays every time I see them, either in the sky, upon the ocean, over hills, warming valleys, highlighting meadows or brighten up the forests of Ireland. Pina



No comments:

Post a Comment